Is there any other event like this in Australia?
There are a number of agribusiness events in Australia but there is none other that:
- Aligns with leading events – Bringing them together to create a strengthened Australian offering to an international audience.
- Thinks big – Bringing the best in the world to an event of a scale never seen before in Australasia.
- Looks for solutions – Global Table’s program creates experiences that demonstrate solutions, not just challenges.
- Showcases innovation – Global Table will showcase the latest in innovation to global industry leaders, innovators, corporates and governments who are committed to transforming the food industry through innovation.
- Focuses on the next generation – It is the young who will determine our future so they must have a seat at the table.
- Collaborates across industries – To achieve holistic change, we must involve the full agribusiness supply chain and the industries that relate to it.
- Has global reach – By collaborating with Seeds&Chips – The Global Food Innovation Summit, and other event partners, Global Table provides an instant global platform for our audience to connect, collaborate and discover new opportunities.
What are the Global Table program themes?
- Commitment to Wellbeing – Premium produce and products that are nutritious, high quality and environmentally aware.
- Rich Diversity – Australia’s landscape and climate enable us to grow a vast array of agricultural produce.
- Globally Connected – Australia is a proudly multicultural nation, which has led to a diverse food system with a global outlook. Additionally, we have a long history of successful global trade.
- Innovation, Technology and R&D – Home to world-class innovation, technology, research and development organisations and startups, Australia’s agribusiness community is committed to creating businesses of tomorrow.
- Artisan Spirit – Global Table will nurture the passion and close networks of producers, and motivate new entrepreneurs and startups to enter the industry.
Where will participants be coming from?
This is a global event, but in 2019 the focus is on Australia, New Zealand, Asia-Pacific, United States, Europe and the Middle East.
How should I plan my attendance?
- Purchase your ticket to attend by choosing the ticket type most suitable to you.
- Book your flights and, if you are an international attendee, check whether you require a visa for entry into Australia.
- Book your accommodation at one of our event partner hotels and save.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to keep up-to-date with the latest speaker announcements, news and event information and to expand your network prior to joining us at the event.
- In August you will be invited to create your own conference schedule and arrange meetings with fellow attendees to maximise your time at Global Table.
Which pass do I buy to be able to attend every event in the program?
The VIP Pass enables you to attend all parts of the program. It also provides access to the VIP Networking Lounge, which is a fully catered facility providing VIPs with the opportunity to network with other VIPs from across the agribusiness ecosystem.
If I don’t purchase a VIP Pass will I be able to buy food and beverages at the event?
Yes. There will be food and beverages available for purchase onsite.
Will shuttle bus transfers be provided to and from the event partner hotels?
Yes. A complimentary shuttle service to and from the event at Melbourne Showgrounds will operate, with pick-up points at South Wharf and a central location within Melbourne CBD. We will confirm further details closer to the event.
I can no longer attend. Can I give my pass to someone else?
Yes, you can arrange to transfer your pass to another person from the same company at no charge. Please advise us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange the transfer. Please note that the person you are transferring your ticket to will need to complete the registration details so their profile is accurate and others can contact them.
Do you have information on what to do during my time in Melbourne?
Yes. Our sister organisation, Melbourne Food & Wine Festival, has an interactive guide to Melbourne’s best restaurants, bars, cafes and providores that will help you make the most of your time in Melbourne.