1. Registration and Payment
1.1 To register to attend an Event or to act as a speaker or presenter at the Event, you must complete the applicable form online (“Registration Form”). If you encounter difficulties registering online, please contact F+WV directly on the phone numbers listed on the website www.globaltable.com.au (“Website”).
1.2 The Registration Form must be completed in the name of the individual attending the Event or in the name of the individual presenting and/or speaking at the Event.
1.3 All prices listed on the Website are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (“GST”), and service fee (credit card fee and handling fee) relating to your registration for the Event and purchase of your ticket to attend the Event.
1.4 All Event fees (“Fees”), if applicable, must be paid at the time of registration, in full. The Fees include:
• 1.4.1 the price of the Event (exclusive of GST);
• 1.4.2 GST; and
• 1.4.3 a service fee (inclusive of credit card fee and handling fee) relating to the purchase of your ticket, which is capped at 3%.
1.5 Please note that Fees do not include any travel or accommodation costs.
1.6 In the event that F+WV has invited you to attend the Event as a guest or as a speaker or presenter, you must confirm your attendance at the Event by completing the Registration Form within the time specified on the invitation (if any) in order for F+WV to register you for the Event and if applicable pay any required Fees.
1.7 Your registration is subject to acceptance by F+WV, and if accepted will be confirmed in writing in such form as F+WV determines including but not limited to by email within five (5) days after F+WV has received your fully completed Registration Form, payment of the Fees, if applicable, and any required supporting documents (“Event Confirmation”). A confirmation code and QR code will be displayed on the ticket in the confirmation email, and this will need to be scanned at the registration desk at the Event for entry.
1.8 F+WV will not consider any Registration Form, which is incomplete or not accompanied by the Fees, where applicable.
1.9 If you register for an Event and you are travelling from interstate or overseas, you should obtain an Event Confirmation prior to making or confirming travel arrangements. You acknowledge and agree that you remain solely liable and responsible for any travel arrangements made by you. Personal arrangements including travel and accommodation relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk.
1.10 All payment of Fees must be in Australian dollars (AUD).
1.11 The Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. F+WV reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations for which F+WV has already sent an Event Confirmation.
1.12 If you have purchased a ticket to attend an Event, subject to clause 3, you can login via the Website at any time before the 30 August (year of the Event) to change contact details or ticket type, subject to availability.
1.13 Tickets purchased to an Event are for your personal use only and may not, without the prior written consent of F+WV, be resold or offered for sale or used for advertising, promotion, competition or other commercial purposes. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets without the prior written consent of F+WV (or any other breach of this term), F+WV reserves the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
2.1 If You have purchased a ticket to attend an Event, subject to any statutory rights of refund (including, without limitation, the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law as contained in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“ACL”)) and unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, tickets purchased to the Event are generally non-refundable and are not available for exchange.
3.1 If you have purchased a ticket to attend an Event, where permitted you may substitute a person to attend the Event in your place if you provide written notice to F+WV at least five (5) business days prior to the start date of the Event (“Event Substitution”).
3.2 The substituted person must complete a Registration Form, which is subject to acceptance by F+WV. This process is done by logging into the Website, clicking on substitution and changing the registration to the substituted person.
3.3 Event Substitution is subject to additional fees if the substituted person elects to upgrade their ticket or include additional services and/or goods (“Additional Fees”). Additional Fees are payable at the time of completion of the Registration Form.
4. Event changes
4.1 An Event’s content and program is accurate at the time of printing. F+WV may make changes to an Event as required, however, will use reasonable efforts to provide a program and content of equivalent standard To the extent permitted by law, F+WV reserves the right at any time to:
• 4.1.1 change the format, speakers, program participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect of the Event;
• 4.1.2 postpone the Event or any part of the Event; or
• 4.1.3 cancel the Event or any part of the Event.
4.2 Should F+WV be required to cancel an Event, F+WV will provide as much notice as possible to all confirmed attendees, speakers and presenters and this may be updated or reflected on the Website by F+WV as soon as it is possible. Attendees, speakers and presenters will also be contacted by email.
5. Your rights and obligations
5.1 By registering to attend the Event or to speak or present at the Event, you warrant your details as provided are true and correct.
5.2 To the extent permitted by law, F+WV reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse to accept your Registration, refuse admission to, or to eject you from the Event, in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation), for failure to comply with these terms and conditions or if in the opinion of F+WV you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
5.3 You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by F+WV or the operator of the venues for the Event.
5.4 You must comply with any particular conditions, rules, regulations or usage requirements of the venues or of F+WV in connection with an Event.
5.5 You are expected to behave in a professional and appropriate manner at all Events consistent with the law.
5.6 If you are accompanied by a minor(s), you are responsible for the care, acts or omissions and supervision of those minors at all times.
5.7 You must also comply with all verbal and written directions given by F+WV or the venues whilst at, entering, or departing the venues (including without limitation in respect of an acceptable noise level emanating from the venue spaces).
5.8 All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited at the Event and/or in or at the venues.
5.9 It is your responsibility to inform F+WV of any special dietary or other requirements you may have, sufficiently in advance to enable F+WV to attempt to accommodate these requirements (or where this is not possible, inform you of such).
6.1 You are advised that:
• 6.1.1 alcohol may only be consumed by persons over the age of 18 with valid identification documentation within designated licensed areas at the venues;
• 6.1.2 bringing your own (BYO) alcohol is strictly prohibited;
• 6.1.3 intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter the venues;
• 6.1.4 intoxicated persons will be removed from the venues at the discretion of the venue or F+WV;
• 6.1.5 it is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol and an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol; and
• 6.1.6 penalties under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (Vic) apply.
7. Limitation of liability and indemnity
7.1 You use the venues for the Event and all associated facilities at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law , F+WV accepts no liability to you or any third party for any loss of or damage to your equipment, materials or other belongings brought to the venues, whether by fire, theft, accident, injury or otherwise.
7.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law (including without limitation, the ACL, F+WV will not be liable for personal injury or death, property damage, or any other loss (including without limitation, liability for negligence or breach of these terms and conditions), damage, cost or expense (including, without limitation, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damage of any kind whether or not such loss or damage is foreseeable, foreseen or known and whether or not F+WV has been advised of or is aware that such damages may be incurred) that you or any third party may incur or suffer in relation to, arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or these terms and conditions, including any acts beyond the control of F+WV. This provision does not affect your rights or remedies in relation to any consumer guarantee of the ACL that may be applicable to the Event or F+WV’s services and which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by law.
7.3 Notwithstanding clause 7.2 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, F+WV’s liability to you in relation to, arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or these terms and conditions shall in no circumstances exceed the face value of the ticket purchased by you to the Event plus any relevant ticket handling fees.
7.4 You release F+WV from any action, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses, incurred in connection with F+WV’s acts, omissions or negligence in relation to, arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the Event.
7.5 You agree to fully indemnify and hold F+WV, its officers, employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors (“Representatives”) harmless from any claim, cost, demand, liability or damage (including legal costs, professional costs and other expenses on a full indemnity basis) incurred by F+WV and/or its Representatives arising out of or in connection with the Event, including but not limited to:
• 7.5.1 a breach of these terms and conditions by you;
• 7.5.2 your use of the venues or attendance at the Event;
• 7.5.3 any damage to the venues or any goods located at the venues for the Event by you; or
• 7.5.4 the infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any third party (including the venues) by you.
7.6 To the maximum extent permitted by law, F+WV is not liable for losses arising from the provision or non-provision of services provided by third party operators or the operators of the venues at or connected to the Event.
7.7 To the maximum extent permitted by law, F+WV is not liable for the actions, representations or information provided by speakers or presenters at the Event, and such views and opinions expressed by the speakers or presenters do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of F+WV.
8. Privacy Statement
8.1 You acknowledge and consent to F+WV collecting, processing and using your personal information for the purposes of processing the purchase of your registration to the Event, for providing the Event to you, and for compiling delegate lists which will be published on the event app or as is reasonable for the Event or for any other use to which you have consented to.
8.2 You acknowledge and consent that you may be filmed, sound recorded and/or photographed (“Media”) by F+WV, the media or any other party at the Event and F+WV may use or approve the use of the film, sound recording and/or photograph for any purpose and in any way whatsoever and you hereby assign all rights which you may have to such Media as well as any intellectual property created by you at or for the purposes of the Event to F+WV. You also agree to execute any other additional documents reasonably required to be executed by F+WV in relation to the matters referred to in this clause 8.2.
9.1 If you have been invited by F+WV to attend the Event as a guest speaker or presenter for the Event or you have applied to speak or present at the Event(“Speaker”) and to present content (“Content”) as a speaker or presenter at the Event (“Presentation”), then you also confirm and agree that:
• 9.1.1 you have the capacity to enter into and perform your obligations and comply with all directions of F+WV in relation to the Global Table Event and the Presentation;
• 9.1.2 the Content is your original work and you will not and the Content and the Presentation will not, infringe the intellectual property rights of F+WV or any third party;
• 9.1.3 you will not do anything that brings or might reasonably be expected to bring F+WV or the Global Table Event or the services, products or reputation of F+WV into disrepute or that may, will or is likely to adversely affect or prejudice the image, reputation or goodwill of F+WV or the Global Table Event;
• 9.1.4 you will provide and present the Content and the Presentation with all due care, skill and ability and to a high and professional standard and will not act in a manner which is obscene, disparaging, defamatory or illegal;
• 9.1.5 you acknowledge that the terms of your arrangement with F+WV as a Speaker to present the Content and the Presentation are confidential unless the prior approval of F+WV has been obtained to its disclosure;
• 9.1.6 if you fail to comply with these terms and conditions and/or any other terms agreed between the parties in relation to you acting as a Speaker for the Global Table Event or do anything or act in a manner which brings or might reasonably be expected to bring F+WV or the Global Table Event or the services, products or reputation of F+WV into disrepute or that may, will or is likely to adversely affect or prejudice the image, reputation or goodwill of F+WV or the Global Table Event, then F+WV has the right to cancel your attendance and Presentation at the Global Table Event, at its discretion at any time.
10.1 F+WV reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
10.2 Any failure, delay or relaxation on the part of F+WV in exercising, in part or whole, any power, right or remedy conferred upon F+WV by these terms and conditions shall not operate as a waiver of that power, right or remedy.
10.3 If any provision of these terms and conditions is invalid or not enforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the relevant term is to be read down and shall otherwise be capable of being severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability without affecting the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
10.4 These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia and waives any objection that it may have that proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
Updated: 9th July 2019